Monday, August 16, 2010

She Said...She Said

We are two women who come from two different generations and backgrounds. We both wear many Hats including wife, mother, friend and sister. Through several unexpected circumstances our paths met and a cherished friendship developed. Although we are each experiencing a different season in life we have had the opportunity to influence and learn from one another. As our friendship has continued to grow we decided to embark on this journey together. Our purpose here is to encourage women to invest in friendships regardless of where you are in life. Often times we assume that the younger generation has nothing to offer. Through our friendship we have learned that this is not the case. Every generation should learn from the successes and failures of those that come before and behind. Each week we will be posting thoughts on several relevant issues women face whether it be spiritual, emotional, physical or relational. We invite you to join us as we embark on this journey and we welcome your thoughts on living life as women. Regardless of your season we know you will have something to offer! We are excited about the opportunity we have to learn and grow from one another and from each of you.



1 comment:

  1. Wow ladies! What a great blog! I can relate to both of you and can offer this bit of encouragement. Lisa, I too was a young teacher who quit teaching to stay home with my two young children and I felt some of the same things as you. In a study one time we talked about the birth of Jesus. After His birth, when the shepherds came and marveled at Him, Luke 2:19 says " But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." I thought about this and realized I needed to treasure all the things about raising my children and from then on I started making snapshots in my mind of things I loved about each stage of my children's life. The first one being how it felt to hold my children and rock them in my arms. My oldest is 23 and my youngest is 21 but I can put myself back in that rocking chair and see, feel, and smell what it was like to hold and rock my babies. And I kept looking for those treasures to place in my heart. And know that these years you are in now will be some of the best treasures you keep in your heart.
    Donna, I am a few years ahead of you and one of the things that I have learned these last few years as Amy went off to college and then married and Andy went of to college is I rediscovered and fell even more madly in love with the wonderful man that I married 28 years ago. It is time just with us. I hope I have not been to chatty and that I could offer encouragement to you both. Jan

    ReplyDelete